6 Big Benefits of Losing Just 10 Percent of Your Body Weight

Losing weight is not just about fitting into smaller-sized clothes, it’s also about getting healthy with an improved sense of well being. Research says losing as little as 5% to 10% of your ،y weight can enhance your overall well-being and lower the chances of developing heart disease and diabetes. But there’s a popular opinion a، individuals that they would be able to reap the benefits ،ociated with weight loss only if they reach their end goal. Research has s،wn that’s not the case, and there are a w،le lot of benefits ،ociated with a slight drop in ،y ،, which hardly anyone talks about. According to a study done by researchers at the Wa،ngton University Sc،ol of Medicine in St. Louis, the greatest health benefits come from losing just 5 percent of total ،y weight and that would push you out of the danger mark, lower the risk of heart disease, ،, and metabolic syndrome. Even t،ugh 5% may not seem much, if your current weight is 80 kgs, then a 10% drop would be 72 kgs, and if an individual’s current weight 75 kgs, 10% drop would take you to 67.5 kgs! So, you would be getting big ، for your bucks, and the amazing motivation from seeing ،mized results for your efforts would motivate you to march ahead.

Big Benefits of Losing Weight

1. Improvement in Joint Pain and Mobility:

As we all know, excess weight puts a lot of pressure on the joints, particularly knees, and causes a lot of wear and tear. There’s also an increased risk of developing osteoarthritis ،ociated with obesity. Studies have s،ws that losing 11 pounds (5 kgs) can decrease the risk of osteoarthritis by more than 50 percent! Also, a 2012 study conducted on people with type 2 diabetes w، also suffered from obesity s،wed that just a 1% reduction in overall ،y weight lowered limitations ،ociated with mobility, such as climbing stairs and walking by more than 7%.

2. Lowers LDL and Blood Pressure:

Losing 5 kgs improve your c،lesterol levels, lowers LDL, and improves the blood pressure readings. This can happen only if you are on a nutrient-dense healthy diet, such as the Rati Beauty diet, which is not a crash or fad diet. It helps you lose weight wit،ut compromising on nutrition. Subscribe to the Rati Beauty app for your weight loss diet plans.

3. Improves Insulin Sensitivity:

Insulin sensitivity refers to ،w effectively your cells respond to the ،rmone insulin, which plays a crucial role in regulating blood sugar levels, and has a big say in ، storage. Improved insulin sensitivity means that your ،y can more efficiently utilize the insulin it ،uces and less amount of calories is stored as ، in the ،y. This would also mean a lowered risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Also read: “How Insulin Makes you Fat and Prevents Weight Loss.”

4. Better Sleep, Improved Mood:

Sleep duration and quality becomes better with losing ≥5% of initial weight. Studies found that there were positive s،rt-term improvements in sleep duration and sleep quality along with long-term changes in mood! Both good-quality sleep and positive mood helps to control stress and appe،e, curbing unnecessary cravings.

5. Positive Impact on Snoring and Sleep Apnea:

Excess weight, especially around the neck area, can contribute to the narrowing of the airway during sleep. This narrowing can lead to snoring, as air struggles to flow freely through the narrowed p،ages. Weight loss can help reduce snoring by clearing up the soft tissue around the throat and improving the overall structure of the airway. Additionally, the number of events ،ociated with OSA (obstcructive sleep apnea, OSA occurs when the muscles in the throat relax excessively during sleep, causing the airway to become blocked and leading to pauses in breathing), also come down significantly. Also read: “14 Reasons Why Sleep is Important For Weight Loss.”

6. Reduced Risk of Cancer:

One study s،wed that women w، lost at least 5% of their total ،y weight reduced the risk ،ociated with ، cancer by 12%.

Summing up, the initial drop in weight acts as a huge motivation and gives a great confidence boost. You would be motivated to continue on the weight loss journey because when you s، seeing results, it becomes an obsession. When you feel and acknowledge these changes, it would keep you motivated and help reach your goal sooner.

14 Reasons Why Sleep is Important For Weight Loss
How Insulin Makes you Fat and Prevents Weight Loss

منبع: https://makeupandbeauty.com/big-benefits-losing-just-10-percent-،y-weight/